- Y. Deng, Y. Hua, N. Napp, and K. Petersen, “Scalable Compiler for the TERMES Distributed Assembly System”, accepted to the Intl. Symposium of Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems (DARS), Boulder, 2018. (Pdf)(Video) Nominated for Best Student Paper Award.
- Y. Hua, Y. Deng, and K. Petersen, “Robots Building Bridges, Not Walls”, workshop on Self-Organizing Construction (SOCO) at the 12th IEEE International Conference on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems, 2018. (Pdf) (Video)
- Yiwen Hua, “Building 3D Structures with an Intelligent Robot Swarm”, MS thesis, 2018. (Pdf)
- Yawen Deng, “Scalable Compiler for the TERMES Distributed Assembly System”, MS thesis, 2018. (Pdf)
- Vaidehi Patel, “Enabling Human Support of Robot Swarms”, MS thesis, 2018. (Pdf)
- H. Abdel-Raziq, D. Palmer, M. Smith, C. Chu, J. Huang, A. Molnar, and K. Petersen. “Leveraging Honey Bees as Bio-Cyber Physical Systems”. Janelia Workshop for Distributed, Collective Computation in Biology and Artificial Systems, Washington DC, 2018. (Poster)
- C. Futran, S. Ceron, B. MacMurray, R. Shepherd, and K. Petersen. “Leveraging Fluid-Resistance in Soft Robots”. First international IEEE-RAS conference on Soft Robotics (RoboSoft), Livorno, 2018. (Pdf)(Video)(Bibtex)
- S. Ceron, A. Kurumunda, E. Garg, M. Kim, T. Yeku, and K. Petersen. “Popcorn-Driven Robotic Actuators”. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Brisbane, 2018. (Pdf)(Video)
- Petersen, Kirstin, and Radhika Nagpal. “Complex Design by Simple Robots: A Collective Embodied Intelligence Approach to Construction.” Architectural Design 87.4 (2017): 44-49. (Paper)(Bibtex)
- P. Polygerinos, N. Correll, S. Morin, B. Mosadegh, C. Onal, K. Petersen, M. Cianchetti, M. Tolley, and R. Shepherd. “Soft Robotics: Review of Fluid-Driven Intrinsically Soft Devices; Manufacturing, Sensing, Control, and Applications in Human-Robot Interaction”. Advanced Materials (2017). DOI: 10.1002/adem.201700016. (Paper) (Cover)(Bibtex) Most read in July 2017.
- A. Sprowitz, C. Goettler, A. Sinha, C. Caer, M. Oztekin, K. Petersen, and M. Sitti. “Scalable Pneumatic and Tendon Driven Robotic Joint Inspired by Jumping Spiders”. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Singapore, 2017. (Pdf)(Video)(Bibtex)
- L. Hines, K. Petersen, and M. Sitti. “Asymmetric Stable States in Inflated Dielectric Elastomer Actuators”. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Singapore, 2017. (Pdf)(Video)(Bibtex)
- S. Viswanathan, R., K. Petersen. “OpenMind: Human-Swarm Interaction in Minecraft”. Bits On Our Minds (BOOM) 2017, Ithaca NY. (Poster). BOOM Disney award winner.
- W. Abajian, L. Chen, E. Ng, and K. Petersen. “ArachnaBot: Spider-Inspired Jumping Robot”. North East Robotics Colloquium (NERC) 2017, Ithaca NY. (Poster)
- Alberto Gutiérrez, Boling Hu, and K. Petersen. “Electronics for Autonomous Construction Robot”. Cornell MEng Poster session, 2017, Ithaca NY. (Poster). Best MEng Project in Category.
- L. Hines*, K. Petersen*, G. Z. Lum, and M. Sitti. “Soft Actuators for Small-Scale Robotics.” Advanced Materials (2016): 1521-4095. DOI: 10.1002/adma.201603483. *Equally contributing authors. (Paper)(Bibtex)
- D. Andreen, P. Jenning, N. Napp, and K. Petersen, “Emergent Structures Assembled by Large Swarms of Simple Robots”. Acadia 2016: Posthuman Frontiers, Ann Arbor, Michigan, November, 2016. (Pdf)(Bibtex)
- L. Hines*, K. Petersen*, & M. Sitti, “Inflated Soft Actuators with Reversible Stable Deformations,” Advanced Materials Communications, DOI: 10.1002/adma. 201600107, 2016. *Equally contributing authors. (Paper)(Video)(Bibtex)
- K. Petersen, P. Bardunias, N. Napp, J. Werfel, R. Nagpal, & S. Turner, “Arrestant property of recently manipulated soil on Macrotermes michaelseni as determined through visual tracking and automatic labeling of individual termite behaviors,” Journal of Behavioral Processes, vol. 116: 8-11, 2015. (Paper)(Bibtex)
- J. Werfel, K. Petersen, & R. Nagpal, “Designing collective behavior in a termite-inspired robot construction team,” Science, 343(6172):754-758, 2014 (Paper) (Cover)(Bibtex). Voted among the top ten Scientific Breakthroughs of 2014 by Science.
- K. Petersen, N. Napp, J. Chin-Lee, J. Werfel, & R. Nagpal, “3D Tracking of Building Processes in Macrotermes,” Workshop, Intl. Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2012. (Pdf)
- K. Petersen, J. Werfel, & R. Nagpal, “TERMES: An Autonomous Robotic System for Three- Dimensional Collective Construction,” Robotics: Science and Systems Conference (RSS), 2011. (Pdf)(Video)(Bibtex)
- J. Werfel, K. Petersen, & R. Nagpal, “Distributed Multi-Robot Algorithms for the TERMES 3D Collective Construction System,” Workshop, Intl. Conference on Robots and Systems (IROS), 2011. (Pdf)(Bibtex)