…in the news!
Check out this video teaser on the lab, made by summer intern Jonna Chen from the Singapore American High School:
- “Art inspired by slime mold-like robots unveiled at NYC museum”, Cornell Chronicle
- The CEI-lab is featured in this year Cornell Giving Day video!
- “What Termites Can Teach Us”, The New Yorker, on Lisa Margonelli’s book on termites, with a shout-out to our old construction robots.
- “Tag, you’re an insect”, Atlas Obscura on our past work on termite tracking.
- “Maze Runners”, Cornell Alumni Magazine on the ECE 3400 competition.
- “Looking to nature for robot inspiration”, Cornell Engineering Spotlights.
- IEEE Spectrum, Digital Trends, Popular Mechanics, Hackaday, Discover Magazine, Smithsonian, and Cornell Chronicle articles on our Popcorn-Driven Robotic Actuators.
- Spot-light profile in the EZRA-Magazine.
- “ECE Women target gender issues in Electrical Engineering”, Cornell Connections Magazine.
- “ECE3400: Intelligent Physical Systems”, Cornell Connections Magazine.
- “Underbug”, Phenomenal book by Lisa Margonelli about termites, termite-inspired robots, and those who study them, in press.
- “Robots Like Insects“, Office of the Vice Provost for Research Website, Cornell University.
- “Cornell projects to cultivate digital agriculture landscape“, Cornell Chronicle.
- “Gentle Strength for Robots“, Science Daily.
- “Termite-inspired robots build castles“, Nature News.
- “Watch this little robot build itself some stairs“, IEEE Spectrum.
- “How termite-inspired robots could build for us“, CNN.
- “Termite-inspired robots can build unsupervised“, National Geographic.
- “Termites inspire self-organizing robot colony“, Wired.
- “Termites inspire robot builders“, BBC.