…in the news!
Check out this video teaser on the lab, made by summer intern Jonna Chen from the Singapore American High School:
- “Bees and wasps solve geometry problem the same way” Science Coverage of our Bio PLOS paper.
- “Tiny spinning robots sorted themselves into this beautiful pattern” Nature highlight, and “Swarming microrobots self-organize into diverse patterns” Cornell Chronicle article about our PNAS microrobots paper.
- “Swarmalators better envision synchronized microrobots” Cornell Chronicle article on our new swarmalator model
- Cornell Engineering spotlight on graduate student Danna Ma.
- “Soft robots harness viscous fluids for complex motions” Cornell Chronicle article on our new soft robotic actuators, January 2023. Follow-up in the Cornell Daily Sun and Aerospace and Defence Engineering.
- Jonathan Jaramillo’s introduction to automating viticulture management is featured on CIDA’s website.
- Robohub interview on “Robots that act collectively, when, and how?”, May 2022.
- The Martha Robot was featured in National Geographic in June 2022!
- Cornell Chronicle article on our Nature Communications paper on Microrobots.
- Cornell Research Spotlight about the CAREER grant.
- Spotlight profile on Cornell Engineering graduate student Jonathan Jaramillo.
- Science and Cornell Chronicle follow-up articles on our PNAS paper on honey comb.
- Cheap, user-friendly smartphone app predicts vineyard yields, Cornell Chronicle and follow-up articles from MorningAgClips, the Florida Times, Corbeau Innovation, Goodfruit, Amantea Online, and WAER podcast.
- Learning from Robots, ECE Connections Alumni Magazine on research by ECE Robotics professors
- Cornell Chronicle on the 11 CAREER awards granted to assistant professors this year (including Kirstin Petersen)
- Check out the Black in Robotics special feature on graduate student Nialah Wilson
- “Awards fund innovations in Digital Agriculture”, Cornell Chronicle
- “Art inspired by slime mold-like robots unveiled at NYC museum”, Cornell Chronicle
- “Cities in the future could be built by robots mimicking nature” Techxplore
- The CEI-lab is featured in this year Cornell Giving Day video!
- “What Termites Can Teach Us”, The New Yorker, on Lisa Margonelli’s book on termites, with a shout-out to our old construction robots.
- “Tag, you’re an insect”, Atlas Obscura on our past work on termite tracking.
- “Maze Runners”, Cornell Alumni Magazine on the ECE 3400 competition.
- “Looking to nature for robot inspiration”, Cornell Engineering Spotlights.
- IEEE Spectrum, Digital Trends, Popular Mechanics, Hackaday, Discover Magazine, Smithsonian, and Cornell Chronicle articles on our Popcorn-Driven Robotic Actuators.
- Spot-light profile in the EZRA-Magazine.
- “ECE Women target gender issues in Electrical Engineering”, Cornell Connections Magazine.
- “ECE3400: Intelligent Physical Systems”, Cornell Connections Magazine.
- “Underbug”, Phenomenal book by Lisa Margonelli about termites, termite-inspired robots, and those who study them, in press.
- “Robots Like Insects“, Office of the Vice Provost for Research Website, Cornell University.
- “Cornell projects to cultivate digital agriculture landscape“, Cornell Chronicle.
- “Gentle Strength for Robots“, Science Daily.
- “Termite-inspired robots build castles“, Nature News.
- “Watch this little robot build itself some stairs“, IEEE Spectrum.
- “How termite-inspired robots could build for us“, CNN.
- “Termite-inspired robots can build unsupervised“, National Geographic.
- “Termites inspire self-organizing robot colony“, Wired.
- “Termites inspire robot builders“, BBC.